In handling your personal and financial information, Scottish Pacific Business Finance Pty Ltd (ABN 79 008 636 388) and its related bodies corporate (‘ScotPac’, ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’) are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 as amended from time to time and the Spam Act 2003 which sets out Australia’s spam rules.
WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
When you apply for, register your interest in, or enquire about a product or service, we collect information that is reasonably necessary to be able to provide you with those products or services. ScotPac may collect and hold personal information such as identifying information to enable us to verify your identity including your name, title, date of birth, current and previous addresses, postal or email address and/or telephones numbers.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The main reason we collect, use, hold and disclose personal information is so we can provide you with products and services (including where applicable, third party products and services). This may include:
- considering your requests for products, services and other benefits;
- checking your eligibility for the product or service;
- helping you manage the product or service;
- assisting you where online applications are not completed; and
- helping us develop insights and conduct data analysis to improve the delivery of products and services, enhance our client relationships and effectively manage risks.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information directly from you before, during or after the provision of products and services to you and when you inform us of any change to the information, we hold about you.
We also collect your personal information from others including:
- credit reporting bodies, brokers, introducers, public registers, and as required by laws or with your specific consent in managing our business; and
- organisations with whom we have an alliance or agreement for the purpose of promoting our respective products or services and agents used by us and our business partners in administering such an alliance or agreement.
MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all your personal information (including credit information and credit eligibility information) held on our systems, website or otherwise, is protected from:
- misuse, interference and loss: and
- unauthorised access, disclosure or modification.
We use a range of physical, electronic and other security measures to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of the personal information we hold both in Australia and overseas.
WHO CAN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
The Privacy Act allows ScotPac to disclose personal information about you when related to the primary purpose for which it was collected. Sometimes we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside ScotPac who help us deliver or support our provision of products and services to you. For example, our agents, contractors and contracted service providers, insurers, and credit reporting bodies.
In general, we do not use or disclose your personal information (including credit information and credit eligibility information) for a purpose other than:
- as otherwise disclosed to you when you have consented;
- as required or permitted by law; or
- when you would reasonably expect us to.
We don’t disclose sensitive information about you unless you agree, or would reasonably expect us to.
We may disclose your personal information to a recipient located outside Australia. For example, this may include to;
- ScotPac Group companies;
- our contracted service providers operating overseas; and
- organisations operating overseas with whom we partner to provide goods and services. They are likely to be located in New Zealand, US, Germany and the UK.
MARKETING OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
We may use your personal information to directly offer you products and services that we believe may be of interest and value to you, but we will not do this if you tell us not to. The marketing for these products and services may be offered by a member of the ScotPac Group or one of its preferred suppliers by various means, including by mail, telephone, email, SMS or through social media or targeted advertising through ScotPac Group or non-ScotPac websites or our online services.
When we market products and services to you, we will comply with applicable Privacy Laws and will obtain your consent if this is required. If you do not want to receive marketing offers from us, please contact us using the contact details below or opt-out facility provided to you.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you. You can also ask for corrections to be made. To do so, please contact us.
RESOLVING YOUR PRIVACY CONCERNS
If you have a question, concern or complaint about how your personal information is being handled by us, our affiliates or contracted service providers, we would like to hear from you.
Please contact us by:
- submitting an online Feedback/Complaints form at www.scottishpacific.com
- calling us on 1300 145 344; or
- by visiting us at one of our offices.
If you contacted us by phone or in person and feel your issue still hasn’t been resolved, the next step is to contact our dedicated Privacy Officer at:
The Privacy Officer
Scottish Pacific Business Finance
GPO Box 9969,
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
Telephone: (+61) 3 9820 1222
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) who deals with privacy complaints. Please note the OAIC requires that any complaint be first made to the respondent organisation. The law also allows 30 days for the respondent organisation to deal with the complaint before a person may make a complaint to the OAIC.
The OAIC can be contacted at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Post: GPO Box 5218
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992